A romantic setting with an elegant country charm.
Imagine your ceremony on the beautiful grounds of our family home, photos on the footbridge by the pond, cocktails in the perennial garden, and an exquisite feast in the inviting dining room of our restored 19th century schoolhouse.
The idyllic garden wedding.
Our stunning outdoor setting is surrounded by lavish perennial gardens, gorgeous stone statuary and archways, whimsical characters at every turn, a shady pergola, wooden footbridge and a pond with its own happy couple of live swans – countless options for your perfect wedding photo backdrop.
The intimate wedding reception.
Your seventy-five guests enjoy cocktail hour in the restaurant garden, followed by an exquisite meal in the intimate yet spacious dining room of our restored 19th century schoolhouse. Each course is carefully planned with the help of our talented event professionals, to reflect the couple’s own tastes. As the evening comes to a close, pause for a moment to enjoy the warm glow of success. A truly happy ending to a perfect day.
The complete wedding plan.
It’s your big day, and it’s a big deal to plan it. Some couples know exactly what they want. Others are overwhelmed by the whole process. We’re here to help, as much or as little as you need.
- Food. Sumptuous homemade food, selected to match your style, taste and budget: appetizers, soups and fresh salads; mouth-watering entrées for afternoon or evening dining; delectable desserts leave you wedding cake to spare. You’ll have many options for your wedding menu, and as always, we accommodate your guests’ dietary restrictions.
- Drink. Wine, beer, champagne, a signature cocktail perhaps?
- Ceremony. In summer, a romantic garden wedding is beyond compare. If you prefer, we will help you arrange a church ceremony at one of the area’s many quaint houses of worship.
- Photography. Again, the perennial gardens are lush with many potential photo vignettes and not a single bad angle. We know all the best local photographers and they know and love our properties too.
- Extras. Special touches make your wedding truly unique. Flowers, candles, favours, entertainment…something completely different? Bring your ideas. We will help make your perfect day a reality.
- Guest Accommodations. If guests will be travelling from out of town, we can suggest many options for quality accommodations nearby. We can also assist you with transportation. If your visitors will decide to stay for a few days, we suggest exploring Headwaters to discover the wonderful sights and attractions of our region.
The perfect wedding gifts.
For the gift table, your guests will be glad to know that Granny Taught Us How & Heidi’s Room is a short walk across the road. After helping to find the perfect gift, the friendly staff will wrap it up for delivery on the special day. The store is full of home décor, gourmet kitchen items and gifts to suit every style and budget.
Bring your wedding home to Mrs. Mitchell’s Restaurant.
At Mrs. Mitchell’s, it is our joy and passion to help usher in new beginnings and celebrate family milestones. With more than twenty years experience, your wedding plans are in excellent hands with us.
Come visit us and discover the romance and charm that could be just what you’ve been dreaming of for your dream wedding!
Call 519-925-3627 or submit a form to request a wedding consultation.